Good evening, precious ones!
I just plopped down on my new bed in my new room after returning in our new car from taking Wally to his new home, so that Brian can return home to get ready for his new job and I can get ready for my new helplessness. To say the least, this week has been a total whirlwind. Our heads are spinning!
Brian and I just took a little stroll around the block to get some fresh air. We both pretty much walked in silence and sighs. I don't think I've ever experienced two weeks in a row like these two weeks, and I wouldn't recommend the experience.
As I was telling the Lord how much I love Him this afternoon, I heard His voice whisper once again, "What you are experiencing is truly part of my grace for you. Stand firm in it." Then, I exhaled slowly as I remembered the familiar words from 1 Peter 5.
I couldn't help but praise Him even more for taking me (and many of you) through 1 Peter this summer. I'm just in total awe of the way I can see His handprints ALL over this process. Nothing is by chance, but everything is by His masterful design.
Since 1 Peter is now like an old friend to me, I decided to go back through and read bits and pieces of it. My eyes and heart stuck on 1 Peter 5:10b, "So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation."
Those words brought life to my weary spirit today. Again, I was reminded that it is not for us, but for His name's sake.
I praise God for the refinement that He's doing in me. This growing comes with lots of pain, but so many blessings, too.
This morning, as the movers stacked the last load of our stuff into the confines of a storage unit, I whispered a prayer of thanksgiving, "Jesus, thank you for reminding me in a very clear way that the only things that matter are my love for you and my love for others. Everything else is fleeting."
I can see that these lessons ARE part of His grace for me. He is changing me and growing me, and I'm excited to see what He's doing with me. Now that, that is grace revealed.
In other practical/prayer news...
1. Praise God with us for providing a fabulous home for Wally. He's going to be an inside dog in a large house with 27 acres of fenced running room! Perfection!
2. Praise God for providing countless people and resources to get us moved with minimal stress. We are so thankful to all who helped. We couldn't have done it on our own.
3. Pray for Brian as he continues with his new job. He's knocking it out of the park, so far, just like I knew he would. But, that guy has a lot on his plate!
4. Pray for me as I return to work tomorrow. I'm going to need God's major intervention on this one. I'm not feeling up to the task, but I know He will sustain me. Please pray for the Lord to guide me as I determine time off, scheduling, etc. It's a crazy puzzle, but I know we can trust the Lord to take care of this, just as He has taken care of every other detail.
5. Pray for Josh and Lauren as they adjust to a new lifestyle with us. They are so wonderful to allow this arrangement, and I know they need to be covered in prayer.
6. Pray for me as I prepare for whole brain radiation on Tuesday. Pray that the Lord would protect me from the yucky side effects. We know He is all-powerful!
7. Pray that I will adjust to being unable to drive. It's a HUGE adjustment for me!
Friends, I'll say it again-
You've saved me a heap in therapy and counseling! It's so comforting to know that I can come here and be honest and loved. I love you guys so much! Have a blessed week!
And, let's try something new. Ask God to be present in a real way in your week. Then, share with us how you see Him working in your life. I believe there is so much power in simply saying, "Okay, God, I'm gonna move over so you can move in."