Tonight, I am SO humbled by the perfect care that the Lord is giving us. He is keeping us, holding us, and increasing our faith by leaps and bounds. I just love Him so. And, I love you for praying these very specific things for us.
So, now what? Well, we've had the wonderful opportunity to move in with Josh and Lauren (my BIL and SIL) for the next several months, while we figure out life. Josh and Lauren are two of the most selfless people that you will ever meet. We've lived with them several times before when our housing was a mess. And, after lots of discussion, the four of us decided that this would be a positive experience for all of us. This is going to bless us abundantly! We'll have some major financial reprieve as we rent space from them, and we'll be in a much more convenient location for people to help shuttle me to and fro. God is so good. I really can't say that enough. We can trust Him. He's got it covered. Totally. Completely.
We have to be out of our house by December 15th, but we are trying to get out before I start radiation. So, we are actually planning to do most of the moving this weekend, Lord willing. Obviously, I'm not in the best shape to pack and move an entire house, so we'll be relying on others to help us. That's another humility exercise. If you know me, at all, you know that I'm a control-freak. Well, maybe I should say I'm a recovering control-freak. I've about learned that I have NO control! :) So, I'd love to be able to buzz through my house and pack it all up by myself. But,that can't happen this time. And, we've got to move lots of furniture to a storage unit. Basically, we're moving most of our house to a storage unit. So, it won't be easy, but the sooner it's done, the better. Then we can rest. And, we're still thinking that a moving company might be the best way to move the big stuff. Who knows... Those are just piddly details. It'll get done.
Oh, and I have to undecorate my house for Christmas. At least we got to enjoy the tree for almost a week.
Thank you for letting this post be my to-do list for the night. As you can see, I've got a bajillion things running through my brain.
Know this - God cares about the tiniest details of your life. God has a plan for you. God's plan for you is good. You can trust it.
And, you won't waste a single prayer on us for these things:
1. Praise God for selling our cars and our house in 3 days. There is NO ONE like you, Father!
2. Praise God for providing financial rest and transportation ease. You, Lord, are a God of details!
3. Praise God for bringing about healing in my body. Lord, you are trustworthy and good!
4. Pray that the Lord would work out the details of the move. The packing, the storing, the moving, the combining of 2 households.
5. Pray that God would constantly be glorified through us. We only want to suffer well for Him. Honestly, I'm posting in pure joy tonight. This doesn't feel too much like suffering. It feels like perfect provision and joy in the supernatural care of the Lord.
6. Pray for my appointment with the radiation oncologist at 7:45am tomorrow. I'm meeting with her and getting things in order to start whole brain radiation.
I love you guys! Thank you for staying tuned to our saga...