I just woke up. Well, I just woke up and took my medicine for the morning. My alarm was set for 7AM, but I think my head was set for 5. My thoughts have been waking me up early these days. Very early.
Today is a big day in our world. It's moving day. It feels kind of bittersweet to be waking up this morning, knowing that I wont spend another night in this house. Trust me, I KNOW it's for the best. I have no doubt in my mind, but it's not 100% easy.
It's one of those days where I'm just having to trust God with the details. Today, He's called me to surrender my home, and I'm happy to do that. But, I must rely on His grace to do so, because I can't do it on my own. This is one of the thousands of times where Lindsey ends and God comes in. And, with His provision this week, I have NO doubt that He'll do just that.
I never knew a house could go from completely lived in to completely empty in a matter of a few hours. Who knew a few short days ago that we'd be spending this weekend moving. I love the creativity of our Loving Father.
We have tons of people helping us out today, and I'm so grateful for them. Honestly, we just can't do it. We don't have it in us - not physically, not emotionally, not in any way. I'll be honest when I say that Brian and I are both weary. We are ready to get settled. We are ready to find some new normalcy. We are ready for rest. Boring, old-fashioned, downtime. We need it in the worst way.
So, I'm sorry if I'm rambling on and on today. I just wanted to say good morning, to tell you what's on my mind, to tell you that it will likely be a few days before I get to post again, and to ask you for your continued intercession for us.
Here are some major needs of the day:
1. Pray that Brian and I will be a blessing to everyone we encounter today. Pray that God would equip us with His grace, so that we can love on others as they love on us.
2. Pray for the details of the move.
- Josh and Lauren are clearing out several rooms in their house for us. That's love. I'm so thankful for them.
- We are packing, packing, packing.
- We are taking the things that we need from our house to Josh and Lauren's house.
- We are putting everything for storage in our living room, so that movers can pick it up tomorrow.
- We are setting up our new life at Josh and Lauren's. Please cover all four of us in your prayer. We need it. We are ALL exhausted.
3. Pray for me as I return to work on Monday. Obviously, that will be an entirely new facet to add to my thought process. Pray that the Lord would work out details of time off. These are tough things to sort out.
4. Pray for my first radiation treatment on Tuesday at 1:40. Turns out, they do expect me to lose my hair from whole brain radiation. Yuck! Let's pray for another miracle, knowing that God's ways are not my ways.
I love you all, and I'm counting on your intercession today. May God richly bless you for blessing us!