Well, many of you have probably already heard, but I wanted you to hear it straight from my voice - I have a brain tumor.
Early Monday morning (5ish AM), I woke Brian up because I was laying in bed beside him and seizing. He called an ambulance, and I was transported to the ER by ambulance. I had 5 seizures on the way to the hospital, and each one lasted about a minute.
When we arrived at the hospital, they did a CT scan of my head, and found that I have a tumor on the right flontal lobe, near the right temporal lobe. It's about the size of a penny.
So, to say the least we were shocked and bummed. We were really thinking that we were past this. However, I stand true by the same sentiments that I've always had. This tumor changes nothing. My future is secure in Christ Jesus. His plans for me are to prosper me and not to harm me, to give me hope and a future.
I just can't help but believe that this is for God's glory. Even though I'm feeling rather Job-like this morning, I do trust that this is simply part of God's refinement process for Brian and I. And, if allows us to look more like Him and less like us, then sign us up!
1. Pray for my precious husband, Brian. Give him rest and comfort and peace and faith.
2. Pray for my team of doctors. Give them insight and skill and wisdom as they make treatment decisions.
3. Pray for our finances. Obviously, it's not cheap to have 3 major bouts with cancer in 3 years.
4. Pray for our families. Comfort them in their distress.
5. Pray for my body. Pray for God's supernatural healing, so that I might live a life in service to Him. Pray that He will completely remove all cancer from my body now and forever.
6. Pray that He will be glorified in an enormous way through us. We just want to live to tell about what the Lord has done.