I'm coming to you this morning from my inlaws' computer. They were kind enough to let Brian and I (and our 3 dogs) stay at their house while they went out of town. It's just much more convenient, and they have a fenced backyard which makes life with 3 dogs much easier.
This morning, I woke up with a renewed love for the Lord and His special care of me. Processing a cancer diagnosis is tough. It goes in phases, and one minute you're fine, and the next you feel totally defeated. I'm just being honest.
But, this morning, I sat and googled "healing scriptures". I read God's promises about petitioning Him for healing from diseases. Now, that will comfort a worried heart. I was reminded that the only thing that's new or different is the amount of glory God can get in my situation. I love that He makes it so that no one can attribute my health to ANYTHING but Him. He's making sure that even the smartest experts out there are puzzled by me. He is COMMANDING devotion to Him. I love that! I am praying His healing power over my life constantly, and I am resting in the truth of His word.
So, if I come to your mind, please join with me in agreement of His faithfulness. Here are some specific requests:
1. The antiseizure medicine that I'm on gives me a headache and just kind of a foggy head. Pray that I'll tolerate it well.
2. Pray that God will restore my health - that He'll remove any and all disease from my body for now and always! Nothing is beyond His power!
3. Pray for Brian. He's starting his new job on Monday, and I just want him to feel rested and ready.
4. Pray for our finances, that God will provide.
5. Pray for God to guide us as we make lifestyle changes. I can't drive for a while, which will be something to get used to, especially since we live outside of town.
6. Pray that God will show us how to make much of Him. Truly, that's my only objective.
7. Pray that each day I'll get stronger and back to normal.
Y'all, I just believe that God is going to use this in our life. I can't wait to see how. The neurosurgeon said that he plucked the tumor out like a little grape off the vine. We are praying that God would use this as His fruit, and that others would see Him in an enormous way.
I love you guys!