Good evening, my precious friends! Again, I'm wishing that we could all just sit down together and have a nice long chat! Can you imagine the hormones and estrogen in that room? (Well, no estrogen from this woman, but maybe I could throw off a few hot flashes just from being around some of you!)
Today was a beautiful day! The best part of today was determining that there are only 11 weeks of school left! I was overjoyed at this news. To say that I am ready for some extended time off is a major understatement. I would recommend a lot of things that I've done, but having 3 surgeries in 44 days is not one of them. Though I am able to work, and I am pretty much able to do anything that I want to do, I am TIRED! My body is worn down and worn out, and it needs a break! So, I will be surviving the next 11 weeks, and then I will be recharging my batteries throughout the summer months. Praise God for a teacher's schedule! People always say, "I don't have any idea how you spend all day everyday with children." Well, it's all because of the summer, people! I don't know how people work in other industries where a week is the most they get off at any one time.
I'm happy to report that the total recommitment to my nutrition plan has really seemed to make a difference in the way that I feel. For now, I've foregone most nuts, seeds, beans, and grains in favor of more raw food. And, I feel much cleaner because of it, if that even makes sense. I'm still having some tummy troubles, but I am feeling much better.
Several people have asked me to post specifics on my nutrition plan, so here it goes:
Morning (the most disgusting meal of the day):
- Fresh vegetable juice (carrots, greens, celery, cucumbers) with Perfect Food Super Green powder, curcumin, liquid minerals, rosemary, ginger, and fiber powder stirred in
- Protein Smoothie - Kefir (or plain yogurt or cottage cheese), whey protein and vitamin supplement, and flax seed oil
- Cod liver oil
- Haelan 951 (fermented soy) supplement
- I also take transreservatrol, Vitamin D3, Calcium, curcumin, and Vitmain B Complex supplements
- Avocado (1 whole)
- Vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, etc)
- Fruit (usually berries)
- This varies, but usually hummus and vegetables or cheese and fruit.
- Fresh vegetable juice (with the green powder stirred in)
- This varies, but always includes a big salad. We eat lots of sauteed veggies (in olive oil) with brown rice or eggs or quinoa. Sometimes we'll splurge and eat buckwheat pancakes.
- Fresh fruit
At night I take my chemo pills (Tykerb), estrogen blocker (Femara), and melatonin with a glass of aloe vera (very small glass because this gets my gag reflex).
So, there you have it in a nutshell. The main things that I keep in mind are fresh and raw, and organic if possible. I've completely eliminated wheat and refined sugar and refined flour. Considering my medical history, I feel great.
Now, if I could just get the insomnia worked out, we'd be smooth sailing. That's still an area of big time prayer!
Radiation is going very well, so far. I have noticed today that my arm feels slightly more stiff than it has felt in several weeks. So, could you please pray that my range of motion and comfort in my arm would not be thwarted by lymphedema or any other side effect of radiation.
Honestly, though, radiation has not been too bad, at all. It is a quick stopover on my way home from work.
Well, folks, I need to close and get a few things accomplished, so that I can get to bed early. I'm pretty much wiped out by this time, so finishing up the day early is a necessity!
Love to you and I appreciate your continued prayers.