It's been a few days since I last posted. We've been BUS-Y!!! Here's what's been takin' up our time . . .
1. We got an offer on our house on Friday afternoon. It wasn't a great offer though, so we're still negotiating through it. We're not really hopeful that this one is going to work out. Please pray that God would bring a qualified buyer with a strong offer to us, whether it be the offer we have or another.
2. We've had to kind of start hypothetically thinking about where we're going to go next. So, that's taken a lot of our mental energy. We may rent for a while so that we have ample time to find our next home, or we may try to take on the added stress of buying and selling right now. Decisions. Decisions.
3. We had a great double date on Friday night with some new friends from our new Sunday school class.
4. Saturday was a day of work -
-bathed all 3 dogs
- vaccumed and dusted the entire house
- Brian and his dad (thank God for Dale!) spent all morning and afternoon cleaning leaves out
of our yard
- looked at a few houses
5. I had a wonderful lunch with my mom, sister, brother-in-law, niece, and nephew (who ate grilled cheese, plain Ruffles potato chips dipped in strawberry jelly, and peppermint hot chocolate - GROSS!)
6. We spent a lovely evening with my SIL and BIL at their lovely home. Josh grilled steaks, and Lauren made yummy mashed potatoes and beans. We really enjoyed catching up with them.
7. We attended church and Sunday school and were truly blessed by some great Bible teaching.
8. We had a great Sunday lunch at Olive Garden with my dad, stepmom, sisters, BIL, niece, and nephew.
9. Brian and I headed home for a much needed nap.
10. Our nap was cut short by a realtor's phone call who wanted to show our house right then. So, we loaded up the dogs and headed to Sonic.
My goodness, I'm tired. In just a bit, we're headed out to a Super Bowl party, and then we'll be heading home to start the work week. ICK! I wish we could have money without having jobs, don't you? Some people live for their careers, but I think that I'm too much of a domestic diva for that. I'm not sure that I'll ever be truly happy at a job when I have such a strong desire to be taking care of my home and family.
To a more restful week!