Though the dog days of summer may be but a fleeting memory of the past, there is still something so sweet about lazy days at home. Today has been one of those days for me. I haven't done anything remarkable, yet the day has somehow held a special quality for me. Perhaps it is because I feel pretty normal today, with little nausea, a healthy appetite, and good energy. It's been a lovely day. Here's what I've done today:
1. Got up at 6:30 and took some anti-nausea medicine.
2. Watched The Today Show.
3. Paid some bills.
4. Wrote 5 thank you notes.
5. Read part of a book that I later decided didn't deserve my attention.
6. Bathed 2 of the 3 dogs.
7. Did one load of laundry.
8. Put clean sheets on my bed.
9. Made a huge pot of baked potato soup (thank you for the idea, Whitney!)
10. Cleaned out the refrigerator.
11. Rested and enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate :)
12. Took a walk with Gladys.
13. Strength-trained with the Bowflex.
14. Replied to some emails.
15. Snuggled with my husband on the couch.
So, you see, it was a beautiful day on Pleasant Drive :)